An arduous
sensation ran through my veins till my chest so disgusting that I felt I was
burning inside…something bigger than my chest was growing inside without
stopping…I felt it was going to explode!! But it started to move upwards slowly
very slowly…it was going to come out through my mouth… no through my vocal
cords!! Someone or something ordered me: relax, take it easy, it is not
worthy!! The fire kept on going upwards and met my consciousness. That’s when I
took a deep breath, draw a smile on my face and coldly greeted back the
bloodthirsty piranhas lurking around the ballot boxes, spying the thirsty and
powerless victims in the queues. Yes they were, we were thirsty literally for
there was water supply in no home…not mention the long-lasting absence of
drinking water and the percentage of people suffering from kidney failure…
still they have the nerve to spat a kiss on your cheek and go around the town
showing off how wealthy they are, how young they keep with all the surgeries
on, how loved by their people they
feel or have to be. But how could I speak my mind deliberately without having
the simplest thought that I was not the one to suffer the consequences directly!! So once inside the dark room I took another
deep breath, “roamed around it with a sense of joy ” and did what at that
moment resulted and was the best
option to try to change the state of affairs in my village. Then I went out and
spat a smile to my dear and loved politicians!!! Please don’t draw any conclusions as to what the relationship between people
and politicians is like, you might be mistaken!! Now I am anxiously waiting
for the results…what means that there is still some hope left in me!!
So if I had to
describe my day of elections, so to speak, I would define it as a
heartbreaking, nerve-racking, annoying and disgusting with a bit of pleasure
day… all mixed. BITTERSWEET!!!
p/d: for the
ones who don’t know I’m making reference to my village La Calera, though I
think I remember I might have told you about it before, haven’t I??
How about your day?? I guess it was less disturbing for you, wasn’t it?
Whenever I have to vote the event “gives” me new hope, I try to think that a change is on the door.
ResponderEliminar"Still they have the nerve to spat a kiss on your cheek", lol, I loved it. It's difficult to make up one's mind... we just can't go on distrusting every single politician, they are not all alike. I want to believe that some of them care about people's interests. It was less disturbing for me, and in the end the results satisfied me. Let's hope for the best.
ResponderEliminarwell, I am a bit pessimist in relation to this topic..I go to vote knowing that nothing is goint to change..It's always the same, and are always the same ones.
ResponderEliminarRegarding the elections day, I am more pessimistic than optimistic since I think that it is quite hard to find a politicain who cares about people, I believe they only care about power and money.
ResponderEliminarI am pessimistic by nature, but I believe we should not lose hope on what politicians can do. After all, they make the important decisions but it's us who put them where they are in the first place.
ResponderEliminar