miércoles, 23 de noviembre de 2011

INVICTUS


                                                                                    
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
                            William Ernest Henley 

   No matter which road we take, no matter how far we are, no matter how poor or rich we become, nor even in the worst plague do not forget you are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. In this vast and influential world we live in and on the face of   the limitless opportunities life offers us at this stage of our lives,  it sometimes turns tricky and tough to stick to ourselves, our essence and keep what we are, our convictions. Life is full of changes but what we really are should never change. The inspiring and sensible words from the poem bring me back to what really matters: whatever I do must be because of my own will and nobody else’s, and should never go against what I am!







In the middle of the uncertainty we are going through I wish to tell you ‘don’t forget that you are the master of your life’!!


5 comentarios:

  1. In this new stage of our life that's just starting,what is important is to be convinced that we can go on and that we can go through all the obstacles..as I said in my blog, be positive, be optimistic..

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's good to remember it. But it's also good to face that not always we'll have the chance to do what we'd like. Let's be positive! Let's be authors of our destinies.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Eliana!! I really like what you said "do not forget you are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. Don't let anybody live our lives or steal your dreams!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Beautiful and inspiring poem! I think it is true, we are the masters of our fate. Though sometimes it's difficult to make our dreams come true, at the long run we can achieve them, we just have to be patient and believe firmly in ourselves.

    ResponderEliminar