lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

Hi guys how are you??? 
Well this time I want to show you and also dedicate you this representative and famous painting by Munch - a Norwegian painter. I'm sure you know it or at least you've seen it. This masterpiece called The Scream was painted in  1893 and as the title suggests it represents anxiety, fear, depression and any feeling connected to oppression. Although the source of inspiration for this piece of art is related to specific personal features of the author which, of course, were influenced by a certain context, the Industrial Revolution, and everything society was undergoing at that time ( for more info go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9c_8zmbq_c) , paintings and any peice of art such as a novel - art in itself - posses the greatness of not being meaningful by itself but by the audience's interpretation. We, audience, are given the chance of interpreting and signifying art according to our own features and context which are not the same as the author's. I have already dedicated this painting to myself. I feel we are in a part of our lives in which we are surrounded by pressure, anxiety and desperation mainly because of the fact that this is the last part of our teaching training course which combined with our personal everyday responsalbilities make our lives a bit  hectic! I think this picture represents this specific period of my life, even though not everything is like that as I told you before in my first post life also brings us happiness through little great things! However, I would like to know whether this masterpiece draws the same feelings from you...  

3 comentarios:

  1. Ja! I love this interpretation!! I feel exactly the same!!! you feel that at any time you are going to explode!that you do no have time..you feel the need to shout... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I first saw this painting in Brave New World's cover. I bet John the Savage felt that way -poor thing-. And more than once have I felt the same way. But then I realize that I'm overdoing and just try to relax.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Munch expresses his own anguish through this painting. He was a man who suffered from poor health and the loss of his dearest relatives and friends. I think that what makes this painting so significant is that every person can feel identified with the man in the picture. Anguish, fear and even insanity can be experienced by all of us.

    ResponderEliminar